Brushing your teeth is a superb habit to combat tooth decay and gum disease, but unfortunately, it is not enough. Instead, save your smile with diverse optimum oral health care habits. Brushing cannot adequately remove food debris and plaque buildup between teeth, which instead must be accomplished with an interdental tool such as dental floss.
Listed below are a few optimum facts and techniques concerning dental floss:
– If possible, try using a dental floss or interdental cleaner that has been given the ADA Seal of Acceptance, or make sure it has been approved by your dentist for regular use.
– To protect your teeth and gums against recontamination, never use the same section of a strand more than once.
– Try to floss at least two minutes per session, making sure you floss between every single tooth and behind your teeth in the furthest row back.
– Ideally, you should always attempt to use a shred-resistant floss such as single-filament thread.
– Typically, try to go for a piece of thread that is 16-20 inches long, so it will have enough space to clean all areas between your teeth, with a new section for each tooth.
Whichever services you feel would best suit your needs, Dr. John Cloud and our team here at Cloud & Hill Dental Care in our dentist office in Little Rock, Arkansas are committed to providing you the service you require. We can be reached at 501-868-3800. Our dental superheroes are here to help!